Saturday, September 19, 2009

Form is key

I did just under 3 miles today with a focus more on form and not running fast. My calves are starting to adjust to being used the proper way. It is mid-afternoon and there is not much soreness. I need to forget everything that I have learned about running with shoes on and learn the proper form barefoot. Because I was still trying to run like when I wore shoes I irriteated my heel and it felt like the early stages of plantar factitious. After a couple of days of rest and stretching my arch pain it is all but gone. Running barefoot almost feels like a controlled fall forward. When your foot hits the ground it is directly under your hip, not in front of it. There is never a push-off of your heel. You just lift your foot with your hamstring and then let gravity do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment