Monday, August 31, 2009

Nike is in buisness to make a profit

I have realized after 8 months of off again on again running due to hip injuries that shoes where the root of the problem. They do not encourage good form. The last two times I have run the recovery time is getting shorter. At first couple of times my ankles were sore for a couple of days after my now that is none existence. Tonight it was just a tight calf and sore hip flexor after 1 and 3/4 of a mile that made me stop, probably for the better. The occasional stone on the trail has not been much of a problem. The natural reaction to the stone on the trail is for your foot not to put a lot of pressure on it. Part of the learning process for me is how to learn to run lightly and silently. So far I surprised one person on the trail when I came up behind them. I am trying to decide which gets a better reaction from people, roller skiing or running bare foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment